The Walking Wounded: Mild Traumatic Brain Injury

Blog by

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimate 1.7 million cases of traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year; however, these are usually moderate to severe cases of TBI that are serious enough to report to the CDC. A more important figure – one that is truly unknown – is the number of individuals who …

Six Foods for Healthier Brains

Blog by

Most of Dr. Raffle’s patients with mild traumatic brain injury whom he sees in his Carmel, Indiana, office believe, as many people do, that the brain is completely formed in adolescence and never changes at all – that is, until we become older, and then it slowly deteriorates. This is simply not true! Brain cells, …

Five Causes of Unrecognized Mild TBI

Blog by

Sports Concussion Most athletes do not know that only 10 percent of all concussions result in unconsciousness – the other 90 percent will get up, tell the coach, “I feel great!” and return to action, which can be dangerous and sometimes fatal. The damage that has been done may take weeks or years to appear …